ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Innovations in nearly every sector are setting the stage for technology market growth and even more rapid change in 2016. Shifts in global technology manufacturing trends and processes -- with an even greater emphasis on the manufacturing powerhouse of China -- will drive the global technology industry to even greater heights in the coming New Year, according to a new white paper from IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), the leading global source of critical information and insight,
For the white paper, IHS Technology queried its leading experts, who represent a host of technology industry segments: displays, consumer devices, telecommunications, semiconductors, connected networks, medical technology, entertainment, media, advertising, automotive and others. These analysts were asked to provide their informed prognostications about what to watch for in the global technology market in the coming year.
The wide-ranging technology topics and 2016 IHS Technology analyst predictions covered in this report are as follows:
- Thinner, lighter, flexible displays lead the charge
- A super-sonic boom in wireless earbuds
- 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) connectivity standards gain traction
- LTE network sales slow
- Ultrasonic sensors boost security
- China leads the way in gas sensor adoption
- Sensors provide an extra level of protection for athletes
- Data mining strikes gold with predictive analytics
- Virtualized and cloud security take center stage
- Semiconductor consolidation continues
- Chinese companies intensify push for technology acquisitions
- China semiconductor manufacturing investment creates crisis
- The Internet of (Medical) Things
- Intelligent interconnectivity enables connected devices
- The other half of the world connects to the grid
- China begins to design its own destiny
The Global Internet
- China pushes cyber conflict with the West
- Content owners cut the cord
- Virtual reality becomes reality
- The Internet of (Marketing) Things
- Connectivity and autonomy accelerate into 2016
- Global agreements light the way for renewable energy
- Ten large operators will use SDN and NFV to offer new managed services
To download the complimentary white paper, visit http://on.ihs.com/1PidXlN. For more information about subscribing to information and analysis from IHS Technology, contact the sales department at IHS in the Americas at +1 844 301 7334 or AmericasLeads@ihs.com; in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) at +44 1344 328 300 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Asia-Pacific (APAC) at +604 291 3600 or technology_APAC@ihs.com.
IHS Technology analysts covering consumer devices, telecommunications, semiconductors, automotive and other technology sectors will attend CES 2016 in Las Vegas, January 6 – 9, 2016. If you would like data or commentary from IHS to support topics you are covering before or during the show, please contact Press@IHS.com.
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of insight, analytics and expertise in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 150 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs approximately 8,600 people in 32 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2015 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.